Have you just arrived in Nijmegen? Are you in search of a language school to learn Dutch? We have chosen some of the best schools you can join. It will help you pick the one that most meets your wishes.
Which type of course do you like?
Language schools provide both private and group courses in general:
- Group courses: You study Dutch with other students in a dynamic environment. You learn through games, group discussions and quizzes… You will discuss various topics and themes. You will be able to learn and practice with each other.
- Private courses: In this type of course, you will have all the teacher’s attention. You work with him to develop your language skills. You can work on specific requirements such as pronunciation, writing or speaking skills.
Dutch language schools Nijmegen
Radboud in’to Languages
Radboud in’to Languages is a renowned center in giving language courses at the Radboud University. It offers several language services such as tailor-made courses, five-day intensive language training, group courses. It has 160 qualified employees and offers 19 language courses.
- Highly satisfied customer with a score of 9.2 out of 10
- Member of the association of Dutch and Flemish university language centers (NUT)
- You can learn at home or at your workplace with the school’s virtual classroom with online tailor-made courses like writing skills.
- You can participate in the intercultural communication workshop to learn more about the Dutch culture
The language training is from beginner to advanced level. The school provides evening and daytime courses for all levels.
Intotaal is specialized in teaching Dutch. It offers private and group courses. It is located in Mook (near Nijmegen). It works with a qualified and experienced teacher who have taught Dutch for years to different categories of people.
- Intotaal also provides specialized lessons like : writing skills, communication at works, preparation for the NT2 exams
- The school is open to everyone who wishes to learn Dutch. The level of education isn’t a problem.
- Small group – You receive more individual attention
- The lessons for private and in-company are designed to perfectly meet your needs
Company training can be done individually or in groups. The beginning, the duration and the timing of the courses depends on you. The training for small groups only have 2 or 3 students.
Mentaaltraining is another language school that specializes in teaching Dutch. It offers individual and small group courses at different levels. The courses are given by experienced and professional teacher of Dutch as a second language.
- If you need specific Dutch skills, the individual course is designed to answer your needs.
- If you need to learn Dutch in a short period of time, the school offers intensive courses for 1 or 2 weeks (lunch included).
- It is possible to carry on in a less intensive way after taking an intensive course
- It also offers regular weekly courses.
The intensive course happens from 9.00 Am to 3 PM. You don’t have class during the week-end, the time to assimilate what you’ve learnt. Weekly training has daytime and evening courses. The group contains a minimum of 4 and maximum of 8 students.
Utile Dulci T&C
Utile Dulci T&C is specialized in offering language training for Dutch as a second language (NT2). It provides lessons for private and group courses. It can also organize in-company training tailored to the requirements of the employees.
- The school puts great importance on oral training. There are lots of oral practice with familiar subjects used in daily life
- Extra learning material is given for practicing reading, listening and writing. You will be able to train yourself.
- There are 2 levels : Absolute beginners (A0 → A1) and Basic course for more advanced (A1 → A2)
In a group course, there is a maximum of 6 students. The courses for both levels happens in the evening: for absolute beginners starting from 6.30 – 8 pm with 25 lessons and basic course from 8- 9.30 pm with 25 lessons as well.
Dutchsummerschool.nl / Dutchwinterschool.nl
If you want to experience learning Dutch in an intensive and fun way, then enroll for the Dutch Summer School. It happens between July/August. It is called Dutch Winter School during winter January/February. You can choose between Amsterdam and Drenthe. This program suits you if you want to learn Dutch the fast way.
- The learning method is based on co-working with each other: doing homework together, practise Dutch, exploring the country in a good social atmosphere
- The school teaches Dutch with its own book ‘Het Lesboek’
- Participants of the Dutch Winter School have access to additional e-learning materials for more practice
- You can choose to be accommodated or not. The place has it all: free Wi-Fi, free use of a bike, gym, a library, a study area and gaming room. There is a canteen with cheap meals and a paid laundry service.
The Summer School usually has a lot of participants, it can be more than 300 students and is more popular than the Winter School. The teacher speaks Dutch, but uses English for lower levels to help you understand. The groupsize is max. 16 students.
If you’re looking for a private Dutch course or want to organise a group course at your office please consider choosing us. 🙂 You’ll get much speaking practice and will be able to hold a conversation with Dutch colleagues and friends in no time!
- much speaking practice
- interactive and fun lessons
- you’ll learn how to handle daily conversations
- easygoing, experienced and fun teachers
We specialise in in-company courses. The groupsize is max. 10 participants and the course is focused on the learning goals of the participants. You’ll get one 2,5 hour lesson plus 3/4 hours of homework and the course takes 5 months to complete. We’re a flexible language institute with patient and enthusiastic teachers.
We hope that we helped you to find the right school for you. Thank you for reading this page!