Are you a newcomer who have just moved to Almere? You want to integrate into society, but not sure how? Learning Dutch is the best way. We have selected the top schools for you to attend.
Which type of course are you familiar with?
Language schools provide both private and group courses in general:
- Group courses: In this type of course, you learn with other participants. This is advantageous as you can learn from each other. There is a good atmosphere in the class. You get to meet new friends and other cultures.
- Private courses: If you want to learn individually, you can take a private course. This is beneficial if you want to accomplish specific skills like pronunciation or speaking. You progress faster in private courses.
Dutch language schools Almere
If you’re looking for an easily accessible language school in Almere then Suitcase talen is the best choice. It specializes in teaching Dutch. It offers group and private courses. It also helps you prepare for the Integration exam and for the State Exams Dutch as a Second Language (NT2).
- Group courses in Suitcase talen are intensive, it’s helpful if you want to learn faster and can keep up well with the learning pace.
- If you are working and have an irregular schedule, then you can register for private courses.
- You are trained by a very informative, professional and experienced teacher. She is a renowned author of 8 language books and speaks many languages.
- The school is highly recognized for its well organized lessons
The number of students is small, between 2-9 students. Group courses happens twice a week during 2 hours. You learn either at the end of the afternoon (17:30-19:30) or in the evening (19:45-21:45). You will receive 4-6 hours of homework per week.
If you want to learn more about the Dutch cultures through language training, then you are at the right place in Taalbureau Symbol. It is located in Almere. It is highly experienced in organizing Dutch, English courses and culture programs. It provides individual and small group classes, flexible and Intensive courses.
- The school provides special language programs for expats, their partners and children
- The school incorporates Dutch language and culture in their courses for beginners. Very appropriate for a newcomer who wants to understand Dutch people and their lifestyles.
- The learning approach of the institute is to balance listening, reading, writing and speaking skills,
- If you want to learn Dutch progressively. Then consider taking a flexible program (once a week for 2 hours). You have lots of time for practice during the week.
Your specific needs and goals are taken into account. The teachers helps and encourages you to achieve your goals. The class size varies: for small groups 3-4 students, for larger groups, 6-8 students.
Dutchsummerschool.nl / Dutchwinterschool.nl
If you want to experience learning Dutch in an intensive and fun way, then enroll for the Dutch Summer School. It happens between July/August. It is called Dutch Winter School during winter January/February. You can choose between Amsterdam and Drenthe. This program suits you if you want to learn Dutch the fast way.
- The learning method is based on co-working with each other: doing homework together, practise Dutch, exploring the country in a good social atmosphere
- The school teaches Dutch with its own book ‘Het Lesboek’
- Participants of the Dutch Winter School have access to additional e-learning materials for more practice
- You can choose to be accommodated or not. The place has it all: free Wi-Fi, free use of a bike, gym, a library, a study area and gaming room. There is a canteen with cheap meals and a paid laundry service.
The Summer School usually has a lot of participants, it can be more than 300 students and is more popular than the Winter School. The teacher speaks Dutch, but uses English for lower levels to help you understand. The groupsize is max. 16 students.
If you’re looking for a private Dutch course or want to organise a group course at your office please consider choosing us. 🙂 You’ll get much speaking practice and will be able to hold a conversation with Dutch colleagues and friends in no time!
- much speaking practice
- interactive and fun lessons
- you’ll learn how to handle daily conversations
- easygoing, experienced and fun teachers
We specialise in in-company courses. The groupsize is max. 10 participants and the course is focused on the learning goals of the participants. You’ll get one 2,5 hour lesson plus 3/4 hours of homework and the course takes 5 months to complete. We’re a flexible language institute with patient and enthusiastic teachers.
We hope that we helped you to find the right school for you. Thank you for reading this page!