Have you just moved to Alkmaar? Learn to integrate into Dutch society by learning the Dutch language. We’ve selected the best language schools for you to attend so that you can decide which one suits you best.
Which type of course are you interested in?
Language institutes offer both private and group courses in general.
- Group courses: You meet and learn with other international students. You will learn in a more pleasant and active atmosphere. You will practice and work together to improve your Dutch skills through conversations, group discussions…
- Private courses: These are personalized training for someone who needs to acquire specific skills for professional or personal use. You will receive lessons that fits exactly to your needs. You will progress and learn faster.
Dutch language schools Alkmaar
Taalinstituut De Wester
Taalinstituut De Wester offers training for various languages including Dutch. The school now focuses more on business language training after 30 years of providing group courses, open enrollment and language training at companies. It offers language training at all levels (beginners to advanced).
- Qualified and experienced teachers
- It offers Business Dutch for employees who needs specific business training like written or oral business skills.
- It also provides basic Dutch courses for foreigners
- Tailor-made oriented lessons depending on the level and wishes of the student or client
It is possible to take the courses individually or in groups. The group size is small. The school makes sure that each student gets personal attention. You receive 2 lessons per week with daytime and evening courses.
PCI languages is one of the top language school in the Netherlands. It offers training in 46 languages including Dutch. It is expert in giving training to Expats. It has diverse language programmes. You can take an individual training or enroll in a regular group courses.
- Native speakers, highly qualified and experienced trainers
- Interesting language programs: Skype lessons, intensive training, online courses, blended learning…
- You get to learn at your own speed, place and time
- Language training free of VAT
The number of students on a regular group course is not determined. Some training is held during daytime and in the evening. It depends on the type of course you choose.
Dutchsummerschool.nl / Dutchwinterschool.nl
If you want to experience learning Dutch in an intensive and fun way, then enroll for the Dutch Summer School. It happens between July/August. It is called Dutch Winter School during winter January/February. You can choose between Amsterdam and Drenthe. This program suits you if you want to learn Dutch the fast way.
- The learning method is based on co-working with each other: doing homework together, practise Dutch, exploring the country in a good social atmosphere
- The school teaches Dutch with its own book ‘Het Lesboek’
- Participants of the Dutch Winter School have access to additional e-learning materials for more practice
- You can choose to be accommodated or not. The place has it all: free Wi-Fi, free use of a bike, gym, a library, a study area and gaming room. There is a canteen with cheap meals and a paid laundry service.
The Summer School usually has a lot of participants, it can be more than 300 students and is more popular than the Winter School. The teacher speaks Dutch, but uses English for lower levels to help you understand. The groupsize is max. 16 students.
If you’re looking for a private Dutch course or want to organise a group course at your office please consider choosing us. 🙂 You’ll get much speaking practice and will be able to hold a conversation with Dutch colleagues and friends in no time!
- much speaking practice
- interactive and fun lessons
- you’ll learn how to handle daily conversations
- easygoing, experienced and fun teachers
We specialise in in-company courses. The groupsize is max. 10 participants and the course is focused on the learning goals of the participants. You’ll get one 2,5 hour lesson plus 3/4 hours of homework and the course takes 5 months to complete. We’re a flexible language institute with patient and enthusiastic teachers.
We hope that we helped you to find the right school for you. Thank you for reading this page!