Have you just arrived in Zaanstad? Are you a newcomer and in search for language schools to learn to speak Dutch? Here are some of the best schools you can join.
Which type of course do you like best?
Language schools offer both private and group courses in general:
- Group courses: You learn through various topics and games, group discussions and conversations in a lively atmosphere. You meet people from different companies, countries and backgrounds.
- Private courses: If you want quick progress, you can learn individually. You will focus on particular skills that you need for your job. You will receive all the trainer’s attention during the course.
Dutch language schools Zaanstad
Meet Jessica De Rooij, founder and an experienced Dutch trainer for expats in Dutchtraining. The school specializes in offering tailor-made courses in Zaandam/Zaanstad. If you need to learn Dutch for your job, the teacher offers in-company courses according to your needs.
- The school only offers in-company courses
- Lessons can be done via Skype
- You can improve your Dutch skills with the online learning Dutch blog (on the website)
Jessica helps you to speak Dutch using various tips and techniques. She can also assist you with the training for the integration exam. In a short period of time, you will feel confident and feel at home.
Zaantraining provides training in different languages including Dutch. The school offers Dutch for beginners for foreigners and expats and Business Dutch for professionals and companies. It gives Dutch lessons for private and group courses.
- Experienced and skilled trainers both in teaching and in business
- There’s more emphasis on speaking and listening during the Business Dutch course
- The school offers flexible, tailor-made program based on real life situations
- If you have registered for a course and have a sudden business trip. Then your training will be rearranged for another schedule.
The number of students in a group course is not determined. Private classes have at least 10 sessions of 2 hours each. Both group and private classes include language training, personalized learning materials, homework and email support.
Dutchsummerschool.nl / Dutchwinterschool.nl
If you want to experience learning Dutch in an intensive and fun way, then enroll for the Dutch Summer School. It happens between July/August. It is called Dutch Winter School during winter January/February. You can choose between Amsterdam and Drenthe. This program suits you if you want to learn Dutch the fast way.
- The learning method is based on co-working with each other: doing homework together, practise Dutch, exploring the country in a good social atmosphere
- The school teaches Dutch with its own book ‘Het Lesboek’
- Participants of the Dutch Winter School have access to additional e-learning materials for more practice
- You can choose to be accommodated or not. The place has it all: free Wi-Fi, free use of a bike, gym, a library, a study area and gaming room. There is a canteen with cheap meals and a paid laundry service.
The Summer School usually has a lot of participants, it can be more than 300 students and is more popular than the Winter School. The teacher speaks Dutch, but uses English for lower levels to help you understand. The groupsize is max. 16 students.
If you’re looking for a private Dutch course or want to organise a group course at your office please consider choosing us. 🙂 You’ll get much speaking practice and will be able to hold a conversation with Dutch colleagues and friends in no time!
- much speaking practice
- interactive and fun lessons
- you’ll learn how to handle daily conversations
- easygoing, experienced and fun teachers
We specialise in in-company courses. The groupsize is max. 10 participants and the course is focused on the learning goals of the participants. You’ll get one 2,5 hour lesson plus 3/4 hours of homework and the course takes 5 months to complete. We’re a flexible language institute with patient and enthusiastic teachers.
We hope that we helped you to find the right school for you. Thank you for reading this page!