Have you recently moved to Utrecht? You want to integrate into society, but how? Learning the Dutch language is the best way. Here are some of the best language institutes you can check.
What type of course is appropriate for you?
Language schools provide both private and group courses in general:
- Group courses: You have the opportunity to meet and make new acquaintances. There is more sharing of ideas to improve your skills during the course. You will be able to learn from each other.
- Private courses: You can improve your language skills very fast. You’ll receive the teacher’s full attention as there will be more interaction and communication between you.
Dutch language schools Utrecht
Dutch First is one of the top language schools in Utrecht. The school offers specialized courses, like only conversation classes, grammar or intensive courses. You can also attend a regular course according to your level.
- Partner of the school of Alfaskolen AS in Oslo, Norway and uses the same teaching method.
- The school selects and recruits qualified teachers, linguists, and language specialists to ensure effective teaching
- You can choose a variety of Dutch courses throughout the year, from five-week standard courses, two-week intensive courses, to an intensive One-Year Program or a summer intensive Dutch course.
- The book “Contact! 1” is very instructive and used throughout the courses
The class size ranges from six to fourteen participants. With this size, teachers are able to give a personal attention to each individual student. The aim is to help you reach your goals.
Lest Best is located at the centre of Utrecht. It offers a wide range of courses, from beginner to very advanced, intensive and less intensive, during the day and in the evening. The team consists of 11 experienced and professional teachers who are all specialized in Dutch as a second language.
- The learning method is focused on speaking, in dialogues, conversations in pairs and giving short presentations
- You could learn online as the school has its own channel for grammar on YouTube and provides various links, language tips to help you learn Dutch.
- One the language school approved by DUO, it is possible to finance your courses with a loan from DUO.
Apart from the regular courses, the school offers conversation lessons on Saturday with a different topic each week. The number of students per group is the same for each course (6-12).
With 35 years of experience, it is one of the well-recognized and biggest language school in Utrecht. Babel is highly experienced in giving language training in diverse languages including Dutch taken in groups or privately.
- A good reason to choose Babel is with its highly satisfied customers (97%)
- If you work at Utrecht University you will get a 15% discount as in 2009, Babel made a partnership with Utrecht University.
- Highly experienced in offering tailored courses taken with flexible schedule or distance learning, or intensively
- If you’re interested in summer courses, the school offers each year, more than 30 language summer courses in Dutch with accommodation and many social activities.
Babel stands out from the other language schools due to its high-qualified teachers and competitive prices. The class sizes differ, but there are a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 18 participants for each course.
Dutchsummerschool.nl / Dutchwinterschool.nl
If you want to experience learning Dutch in an intensive and fun way, then enroll for the Dutch Summer School. It happens between July/August. It is called Dutch Winter School during winter January/February. You can choose between Amsterdam and Drenthe. This program suits you if you want to learn Dutch the fast way.
- The learning method is based on co-working with each other: doing homework together, practise Dutch, exploring the country in a good social atmosphere
- The school teaches Dutch with its own book ‘Het Lesboek’
- Participants of the Dutch Winter School have access to additional e-learning materials for more practice
- You can choose to be accommodated or not. The place has it all: free Wi-Fi, free use of a bike, gym, a library, a study area and gaming room. There is a canteen with cheap meals and a paid laundry service.
The Summer School usually has a lot of participants, it can be more than 300 students and is more popular than the Winter School. The teacher speaks Dutch, but uses English for lower levels to help you understand. The groupsize is max. 16 students.
If you’re looking for a private Dutch course or want to organise a group course at your office please consider choosing us. 🙂 You’ll get much speaking practice and will be able to hold a conversation with Dutch colleagues and friends in no time!
- much speaking practice
- interactive and fun lessons
- you’ll learn how to handle daily conversations
- easygoing, experienced and fun teachers
We specialise in in-company courses. The groupsize is max. 10 participants and the course is focused on the learning goals of the participants. You’ll get one 2,5 hour lesson plus 3/4 hours of homework and the course takes 5 months to complete. We’re a flexible language institute with patient and enthusiastic teachers.
We hope that we helped you to find the right school for you. Thank you for reading this page!