Are you planning to move to The Hague for work? You’re a newcomer and you want to have Dutch language skills to fit in? Explore and consult these language schools and then choose one that suits you the most.
Which type of course do you prefer?
Language schools offers both private and group courses in general:
- Group courses: Experience learning in a fun way, enjoying the presence of other participants. You will be able to practice your language skills and enjoy group activities together. A great way to discover the other nationalities’ culture and form new friendship.
- Private courses: Individual course focuses exactly on what you need to have an effective communication skills. It is highly recommended if you need to learn Dutch fast for your employment for example…
Dutch language schools The Hague
If you are searching for a language course with affordable prices and high quality lessons, then consider taking a course in ABC Dutch. The school offers only Dutch courses for all levels. The trainers are all native, experienced and certified teachers.
- Teacher’s learning approach is to give practical lessons (you can use directly in your daily life situations)
- Illustrating lessons in a fun way by drawing, playing games and listening to songs.
- The teachers are dynamic and dedicated. There’s a lot of interaction and feedback between the teacher and student (the goal is to improve your knowledge in Dutch Language).
- The prices of the courses and study books are low, yet very satisfying.
At ABC Dutch, small group sizes allow each member to receive a lot of personal attention (3-11 students). The school offers summer intensive courses for all levels, a perfect way to learn basic Dutch in a short period of time. The duration of the course ranges from 1 to 6 weeks.
Direct Dutch Institute
Direct Dutch specializes in teaching Dutch. The school used ‘Direct’ to illustrate that the language is practiced in direct conversations. This method is much more effective to improve your language skills.
- Conversations in class are focused on Dutch culture to increase newcomers’ knowledge and to have a sense of belonging.
- Your language skills will be speeded up, as in Direct Dutch, speaking and listening has more importance than reading and writing.
- The school organizes all kinds of cultural activities like Dutch film club in the municipal library and Dutch book club sessions for advanced students besides the lessons.
- If you appreciated Direct Dutch and wants to enroll in another course within a year of the end of your last session, 10 % Discount is offered.
With a small size group (8 students maximum), the class is interactive and focuses on conversation. The courses are taken in the morning or evening (Monday to Friday). Direct Dutch provides courses for all levels.
Kickstart School provides diverse language training including Dutch in The Hague. The courses are destined for individuals, companies, expats and au pairs. You can take private or group courses at all levels. The training team is composed of around 25 highly-skilled teachers.
- You work together with highly experienced and qualified teacher
- You can enjoy an intensive summer course during July and August if you don’t have time for regular group courses.
- With the online learning platform, ‘KickstartNet’, you have the opportunity to develop your language skills with extra online exercises for grammar, reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
- If you have difficult schedules due to work, or you live outside The Hague, the school offers ‘Skype lessons’
Kickstart’s goal is to provide you the highest quality of teaching with individual care. It continuously seeks learning methods and materials to develop an optimized teaching. The group size is between 4-10 students. For Dutch and au Pairs Course, can be between 4-12 students.
Dutchsummerschool.nl / Dutchwinterschool.nl
If you want to experience learning Dutch in an intensive and fun way, then enroll for the Dutch Summer School. It happens between July/August. It is called Dutch Winter School during winter January/February. You can choose between Amsterdam and Drenthe. This program suits you if you want to learn Dutch the fast way.
- The learning method is based on co-working with each other: doing homework together, practise Dutch, exploring the country in a good social atmosphere
- The school teaches Dutch with its own book ‘Het Lesboek’
- Participants of the Dutch Winter School have access to additional e-learning materials for more practice
- You can choose to be accommodated or not. The place has it all: free Wi-Fi, free use of a bike, gym, a library, a study area and gaming room. There is a canteen with cheap meals and a paid laundry service.
The Summer School usually has a lot of participants, it can be more than 300 students and is more popular than the Winter School. The teacher speaks Dutch, but uses English for lower levels to help you understand. The groupsize is max. 16 students.
If you’re looking for a private Dutch course or want to organise a group course at your office please consider choosing us. 🙂 You’ll get much speaking practice and will be able to hold a conversation with Dutch colleagues and friends in no time!
- much speaking practice
- interactive and fun lessons
- you’ll learn how to handle daily conversations
- easygoing, experienced and fun teachers
We specialise in in-company courses. The groupsize is max. 10 participants and the course is focused on the learning goals of the participants. You’ll get one 2,5 hour lesson plus 3/4 hours of homework and the course takes 5 months to complete. We’re a flexible language institute with patient and enthusiastic teachers.
We hope that we helped you to find the right school for you. Thank you for reading this page!