If you are new in Rotterdam and wants to feel more at home, learning Dutch is the solution. However, have you thought about the most suitable school? Discover our selected language institutes in Rotterdam to learn Dutch.
What type of course do you like best?
Language schools provide both private and group courses in general:
- Group courses: You will enjoy the company of other participants. You will be able to meet and practice your language skills with other people. A nice way to develop new friendship.
- Private courses: If you want quick progress, private course is the most recommended. It enables you to personally develop your skills in a short period of time.
Dutch language schools Rotterdam
Baay Dutch Language Courses
If you are living in central Rotterdam, Baay Dutch language Courses is the perfect place to join to learn Dutch. The school is located in Wijnhaven 36a-b on the 1st floor. It offers group, private and in company courses corresponding to your levels (beginners to advanced.)
- Learning in a group is more fun as you can train your Dutch skills with other expats and international students.
- With a small sized group, the teacher makes sure to help each member in their area of improvement
- Pleasant environment with a modern and comfortable classrooms
- Easily accessible
The class is more active with a small group with the maximum size of 9 students. The institute has evening and day courses that lasts 2-hours and a Saturday session of 2, 5 hours.
CBE Languages previously named Centre for British English is an independent language school situated in Haagseveer, Rotterdam. The school teaches Dutch and English. The Dutch language courses are trained in groups or individual by qualified, native teachers.
- With over 20 years of learning experience, the expert teachers know exactly what you need to speak Dutch confidently and effectively from the very first lesson
- The students are more concentrated in a peaceful environment as it is located near a quiet waterway at the center of the city.
- If you want to enjoy a Dutch summer course, the school offers an intensive course (2weeks) in July for beginners. This allows you to speak basic Dutch and understand the Dutch culture.
For each level, the duration of each course is 11 weeks/22 hours. The lessons are taken especially in the evenings once a week. But, if you don’t have time for 11 week course, you can appreciate a summer intensive course for 2 weeks.
ITHA (Dutch Language Institute)
Established since 1991, the ITHA Dutch language institute is an expert in training Dutch language. It offers group and private courses. The school has a several Dutch language programme suitable for you.
- You can participate in entertaining activities organized by the school to help you practice your language skills like a game, a bicycle tour…at any level
- If you want to take a Dutch course with your colleagues or friends only, with a schedule that suits you, ‘Mini group tailor made programme’ is for you.
- If you wish to learn Dutch in a short time, the school offers an intensive 3 week Winter/Summer Course.
- It offers tailor made programme for intermediate or advanced levels. You get to explore more professional topics like effective conversation in the working environment
Group size varies depending on your levels and the type of course you choose. The school offers intensive (4-9 students) and highly intensive courses (maximum 6 students). The courses are taken in the evening except for the summer/ winter with the number of participants 5-9.
Dutchsummerschool.nl / Dutchwinterschool.nl
If you want to experience learning Dutch in an intensive and fun way, then enroll for the Dutch Summer School. It happens between July/August. It is called Dutch Winter School during winter January/February. You can choose between Amsterdam and Drenthe. This program suits you if you want to learn Dutch the fast way.
- The learning method is based on co-working with each other: doing homework together, practise Dutch, exploring the country in a good social atmosphere
- The school teaches Dutch with its own book ‘Het Lesboek’
- Participants of the Dutch Winter School have access to additional e-learning materials for more practice
- You can choose to be accommodated or not. The place has it all: free Wi-Fi, free use of a bike, gym, a library, a study area and gaming room. There is a canteen with cheap meals and a paid laundry service.
The Summer School usually has a lot of participants, it can be more than 300 students and is more popular than the Winter School. The teacher speaks Dutch, but uses English for lower levels to help you understand. The groupsize is max. 16 students.
If you’re looking for a private Dutch course or want to organise a group course at your office please consider choosing us. 🙂 You’ll get much speaking practice and will be able to hold a conversation with Dutch colleagues and friends in no time!
- much speaking practice
- interactive and fun lessons
- you’ll learn how to handle daily conversations
- easygoing, experienced and fun teachers
We specialise in in-company courses. The groupsize is max. 10 participants and the course is focused on the learning goals of the participants. You’ll get one 2,5 hour lesson plus 3/4 hours of homework and the course takes 5 months to complete. We’re a flexible language institute with patient and enthusiastic teachers.
We hope that we helped you to find the right school for you. Thank you for reading this page!