Are you a newcomer in Maastricht? Have you just arrived in the city? Learning Dutch will help you integrate and discover the culture. We have chosen some of the best language schools for you to attend.
Which type of course do you prefer?
Language schools offer private and group courses in general.
- Group courses: During group courses, you will learn with other international students. You will learn through conversations to improve speaking and listening skills. You will enjoy games and outdoor activities.
- Private courses: If you want to acquire specific skills for professional use or personal development, then private courses is the quickest way. There will be lots of interaction between you and the teacher. You will receive lots of personal attention.
Dutch language schools Maastricht
Dutch4you2 offers linguistic training for various languages including Dutch. It provides individual tailor made training, in-company and group courses for all levels from beginners to advanced. It works with dedicated, fun and skilled teachers.
- High quality language training with affordable prices
- The school puts more emphasis on communication to improve your speaking skills
- The materials and learning approaches used by the school were established by the Dutch linguistic department of the Radboud University of Nijmegen
- If you want to improve your writing skills: you can take the ‘Online writing course in Dutch’
The group size varies depending on the type of course you choose and your starting level. Beginners course have 8-14 participants. Intermediate level have 6-12 students and advanced level with maximum 12 students. Tailor made trainings have 1-4 participants.
Learn Dutch in Maastricht
‘Learn Dutch’ is located right at the center of Maastricht. It specializes in offering Dutch training for employees, expats and companies from beginner to higher intermediate level. The lessons can be taken in private or group courses.
- Experienced and qualified trainers that are native Dutch speakers
- Access to free WIFI, water, coffee and tea
- Reasonable course fee. Book price is already included inside.
- If you want to learn faster, you can join the school’s intensive Dutch Summer course
The group size is small (only 6 to 10 students) in order to learn faster and give personal attention to each student. Private courses are flexible depending on your schedule, it can vary from 1 hour minimum to 3 hours maximum.
Talencentrum Universiteit Maastricht
The Maastricht University’s language Centre offers diverse language training including Dutch. It has several Dutch language programs for students, professionals, companies and individuals. It provides private and group courses for all levels.
- The centre also offers language coaching and tailor-made training personalized to your needs and goals.
- Highly experienced teacher
- The training emphasize on speaking and listening skills while reading and writing are supporting skills
- The schools also offers Intensive Dutch training that lasts for 3 weeks
For group courses, in total you have 14 sessions of 2 hours. You must have 4 hours of self-study to prepare each lesson. The number of students in a group course is 12 to 14 students. The training takes place at Maastricht University.
Dutch lessons in Maastricht
If you’re looking for a language school that focuses on private courses, then choose ‘Dutch lessons in Maastricht. You learn Dutch with an experienced and attentive teacher taking into account your learning pace and level.
- More practice on speaking and listening skills
- Tailored Dutch courses that meet your specific needs
- Flexible time that suits your schedule
- Reasonable course fee for 1 hour of lessons
You will first discuss together with the teacher your starting level and the best learning method considering your wishes and timetable. You can choose to take the course at the most appropriate time, in the morning or evening, once a week, or in a more intensive way.
Dutchsummerschool.nl / Dutchwinterschool.nl
If you want to experience learning Dutch in an intensive and fun way, then enroll for the Dutch Summer School. It happens between July/August. It is called Dutch Winter School during winter January/February. You can choose between Amsterdam and Drenthe. This program suits you if you want to learn Dutch the fast way.
- The learning method is based on co-working with each other: doing homework together, practise Dutch, exploring the country in a good social atmosphere
- The school teaches Dutch with its own book ‘Het Lesboek’
- Participants of the Dutch Winter School have access to additional e-learning materials for more practice
- You can choose to be accommodated or not. The place has it all: free Wi-Fi, free use of a bike, gym, a library, a study area and gaming room. There is a canteen with cheap meals and a paid laundry service.
The Summer School usually has a lot of participants, it can be more than 300 students and is more popular than the Winter School. The teacher speaks Dutch, but uses English for lower levels to help you understand. The groupsize is max. 16 students.
If you’re looking for a private Dutch course or want to organise a group course at your office please consider choosing us. 🙂 You’ll get much speaking practice and will be able to hold a conversation with Dutch colleagues and friends in no time!
- much speaking practice
- interactive and fun lessons
- you’ll learn how to handle daily conversations
- easygoing, experienced and fun teachers
We specialise in in-company courses. The groupsize is max. 10 participants and the course is focused on the learning goals of the participants. You’ll get one 2,5 hour lesson plus 3/4 hours of homework and the course takes 5 months to complete. We’re a flexible language institute with patient and enthusiastic teachers.
We hope that we helped you to find the right school for you. Thank you for reading this page!