Have you recently moved into the town of Hoorn? Are you a newcomer who wish to integrate into Dutch society, but not sure how? Learning Dutch is the solution. Here is a selection of Dutch schools you can attend.
Which type of course do you prefer?
Language institutes provide both private and group courses.
- Group courses: You will meet and make new friends from diverse nations. You will increase your knowledge by interacting and socializing with different people. You will learn through role playing games, presentations, discussions…
- Private courses: You will follow a tailored course according to your specific goals. The schedule, duration of the courses will be flexible. This is beneficial if you need language training on specific skills in a short period of time.
Dutch language schools Hoorn
Are you interested in learning Dutch in a fun way by taking private classes? De Taalhoorn is specialized in offering 1 on 1 lessons that concentrate on your requirements and goals. It also provides group conversation training. You are trained by certified, competent and experienced NT2 teacher.
- Flexible schedule and learning approach: You learn at your own pace, you choose the suitable timetable, the duration of the course, the number of hours…
- Fun learning with additional language activities, songs, interesting articles, entertaining short stories, and videos…
- The courses puts more importance on ‘Speaking skills’
- Discover and attend the event ‘DUTCH LANGUAGE CAFÉ’ to practice your Dutch and meet new people happening every 2 weeks at the Dutch Language Cafe in Hoorn
Language training can be taken at your workplace, at the library, at your place, at De Taalhoorn or another place that suits you. The courses happens between 9 AM until 6PM. Each session lasts for 60 to 75 min according to your wishes.
Dutchsummerschool.nl / Dutchwinterschool.nl
If you want to experience learning Dutch in an intensive and fun way, then enroll for the Dutch Summer School. It happens between July/August. It is called Dutch Winter School during winter January/February. You can choose between Amsterdam and Drenthe. This program suits you if you want to learn Dutch the fast way.
- The learning method is based on co-working with each other: doing homework together, practise Dutch, exploring the country in a good social atmosphere
- The school teaches Dutch with its own book ‘Het Lesboek’
- Participants of the Dutch Winter School have access to additional e-learning materials for more practice
- You can choose to be accommodated or not. The place has it all: free Wi-Fi, free use of a bike, gym, a library, a study area and gaming room. There is a canteen with cheap meals and a paid laundry service.
The Summer School usually has a lot of participants, it can be more than 300 students and is more popular than the Winter School. The teacher speaks Dutch, but uses English for lower levels to help you understand. The groupsize is max. 16 students.
If you’re looking for a private Dutch course or want to organise a group course at your office please consider choosing us. 🙂 You’ll get much speaking practice and will be able to hold a conversation with Dutch colleagues and friends in no time!
- much speaking practice
- interactive and fun lessons
- you’ll learn how to handle daily conversations
- easygoing, experienced and fun teachers
We specialise in in-company courses. The groupsize is max. 10 participants and the course is focused on the learning goals of the participants. You’ll get one 2,5 hour lesson plus 3/4 hours of homework and the course takes 5 months to complete. We’re a flexible language institute with patient and enthusiastic teachers.
We hope that we helped you to find the right school for you. Thank you for reading this page!