Learning Dutch will surely improve the quality of your life in Hilversum both on professional and personal life. So are you ready to learn Dutch? Here are the top language institutes where you can take Dutch courses.
What type of course suits you best?
In general, language schools provide both private and group courses.
- Group courses: Learning in a group course is more enjoyable. There’s a lot of interaction and communication in class between the participants. You will practice with each other through conversations, games, discussions…
- Private courses: If you need to learn faster and shorter, perhaps taking a private course is the best. You will improve on specific skills in a short amount of time. You are more focused and receive all the teacher’s attention.
Dutch language schools Hilversum
Taalthuis is a renowned language school in the Netherlands. It is present in 7 cities including Hilversum. Its targets are expats, au pairs and international students who want to learn and improve Dutch skills. It provides group and in-company courses with different levels from beginners to advanced.
- Tallthuis makes the lessons interesting and fun with inspiring subjects and topics
- The school develops its own course materials for the Beginner and Intermediate levels
- You have access to the e-learning, to help you practice with pronunciation, grammar exercises and learn new vocabulary
- You get a 15% discount on the course fee if you’re an au pair or a student
The maximum number of participants in group courses is 12. The school aims to give personal attention as much as possible. The course is taken either in the morning from 9.30 to 11.45 or in the evening from 7.15 to 9.30.
LET’S SPEAK DUTCH
Learn Dutch in the most interactive way with Let’s Speak Dutch. With experienced trainers, it offers Dutch conversation courses at different levels for expats in Hilversum. It provides basic Dutch conversations for beginners with more emphasis on communication skills.
- Fun learning which focuses more on communication (role playing, discussing interesting topics…)
- You will have the opportunity to practice with the locals working around the school or when you are taken out to enjoy conversations with several shops in the city centre of Hilversum.
- Intermediate and advanced levels have 1 field trip included in the course
- The school also offers tailor made In-Company Training for small groups at all levels
The regular courses are taken in small groups (6-10 students). It happens during the evening from 7.15 – 9.30 pm on weekdays. The training includes 14 weekly courses of 2 hours each for all levels. In company training has minimum 3 to 8 participants.
DANNER & DANNER
Danner & Danner provides various Dutch language programme. It offers an integration course, NT2 State exam, alphabetization (you learn to read and write in Dutch) and language lessons at all levels. It works with experienced and well-qualified teachers.
- You can enroll for the ‘Free WEB language training’: programs that are reimbursed by municipalities and where students get free lessons.
- Small groups which means more individual attention
- It also has special training for businesses where employees learn Dutch to better communicate in the workplace
- Certified Blik op Werk
You can follow courses at the school’s place in Hilversum. For now it is the only place that provides evening courses taken between 6.30PM to 9.30PM. You have classes once or twice a week and lasts for 5 months to a year. Free language courses happens twice a week.
Enjoy learning Dutch with Anne Woolfitt-Scholten, one of the teacher and founder of TAALkameleon. She offers Accelerated Dutch language training at different levels from beginners to advanced. She also provides in company training. The courses are taken in groups.
- Interactive, fun and well prepared lessons with an experienced and passionate tutor who wants to help you feel at home
- The learning approach is based on ‘Accelerated Learning’ to get fast results
- The Accelerated Learning Dutch is appropriate for beginners and intermediate levels
- The instructing language used is English
The number of students in a group is not determined as it depends on the number of participants. The training consists of 18 hours (6 sessions) taken during the morning.
Dutchsummerschool.nl / Dutchwinterschool.nl
If you want to experience learning Dutch in an intensive and fun way, then enroll for the Dutch Summer School. It happens between July/August. It is called Dutch Winter School during winter January/February. You can choose between Amsterdam and Drenthe. This program suits you if you want to learn Dutch the fast way.
- The learning method is based on co-working with each other: doing homework together, practise Dutch, exploring the country in a good social atmosphere
- The school teaches Dutch with its own book ‘Het Lesboek’
- Participants of the Dutch Winter School have access to additional e-learning materials for more practice
- You can choose to be accommodated or not. The place has it all: free Wi-Fi, free use of a bike, gym, a library, a study area and gaming room. There is a canteen with cheap meals and a paid laundry service.
The Summer School usually has a lot of participants, it can be more than 300 students and is more popular than the Winter School. The teacher speaks Dutch, but uses English for lower levels to help you understand. The groupsize is max. 16 students.
If you’re looking for a private Dutch course or want to organise a group course at your office please consider choosing us. 🙂 You’ll get much speaking practice and will be able to hold a conversation with Dutch colleagues and friends in no time!
- much speaking practice
- interactive and fun lessons
- you’ll learn how to handle daily conversations
- easygoing, experienced and fun teachers
We specialise in in-company courses. The groupsize is max. 10 participants and the course is focused on the learning goals of the participants. You’ll get one 2,5 hour lesson plus 3/4 hours of homework and the course takes 5 months to complete. We’re a flexible language institute with patient and enthusiastic teachers.
We hope that we helped you to find the right school for you. Thank you for reading this page!