Life in the Netherlands is more enjoyable when you speak Dutch. So, are you ready to learn Dutch? If you recently moved to Haarlem and in search of language schools, see below, we’ve selected the best schools for you.
What type of course do you enjoy?
Language schools provide both private and group courses in general:
- Group courses: If you enjoy learning with the company of other people, then consider taking group courses. You meet and make new friends from different cultures. You can practice and share your knowledge with each other.
- Private courses: If you need to acquire specific skills for your job, for example, you can take individual courses. Together with your tutor, you will develop personalized language lessons that meet your needs.
Dutch language schools Haarlem
Double Dutch Haarlem
If you’re looking for an enjoyable way to learn Dutch, then join Double Dutch Haarlem. The school teaches Dutch in group courses. It can organize in-company training as well. It works with passionate and well-trained teachers. It has a beautiful classroom located in Haarlem, near the station.
- You learn Dutch in a fun and motivating way with lots of practice in class: with quizzes, games and group discussion….
- It is more fun when you go sailing on a beautiful weather! Every Thursday evening, you will practice Dutch with games, music, conversations… on the electric boat of Double Dutch Haarlem.
- The school teaches Dutch with renowned textbooks established by Dutch universities.
- You can pay your course with a DUO loan
With a small group of 7 members’ maximum, the school aims to give special attention to each participant. The courses are semi-intensive and intensive, so you are asked to prepare each lesson well, because in class it’s lots of practice.
In Hart Haarlem, you will have fun discovering many talents and cultural events. It’s a center for arts, music, dance, theatre, language and literature…It has activities for everyone: children, teenagers, elders… For the language course, it teaches Dutch as a second language and English.
• Big building, beautiful and peaceful place with nice classrooms
• It is required that you speak and understand English well before enrolling for the Dutch course
• The school targets non-native people who went to school for 12 years minimum in their own country
• You will receive cultural knowledge and learn everyday social expressions to use during your course.
The school offers Dutch courses for beginners to upper intermediate levels. You can attend either the regular classes (in the evening, 2 times a week) or intensive classes (in the morning, 3 times a week). The number of students in a group is not specified.
Drs. Yvon G.M. Slootbeek
The school provides many Dutch language services such as language training, writing skills, coaching and communication advice… It offers Dutch language courses for groups and individuals. It also helps you prepare for the NT2 exams.
- You will learn Dutch culture and customs during the lesson
- Flexible learning times: can be morning, afternoon, even during the weekends
- It teaches with updated learning materials like books and lessons.
The language training is for all levels, beginners to advanced, for individuals and small groups. For the location of the course, the school has a nice classroom. In-company training is also possible, a group of colleagues, or an individual staff who needs specific Dutch skills.
Taalthuis is a renowned language school in the Netherlands. It is present in 7 cities including Haarlem. Its targets are expats, au pairs and international students who want to learn and improve Dutch skills. It provides group and in-company courses with different levels from beginners to advanced.
- Tallthuis makes the lessons interesting and fun with inspiring subjects and topics
- The school develops its own course materials for the Beginner and Intermediate levels
- You have access to the e-learning, to help you practice with pronunciation, grammar exercises and learn new vocabulary
- You get a 15% discount on the course fee if you’re an au pair or a student
The maximum number of participants in group courses is 12. The school aims to give personal attention as much as possible. The course is taken either in the morning from 9.30 to 11.45 or in the evening from 7.15 to 9.30.
Dutchsummerschool.nl / Dutchwinterschool.nl
If you want to experience learning Dutch in an intensive and fun way, then enroll for the Dutch Summer School. It happens between July/August. It is called Dutch Winter School during winter January/February. You can choose between Amsterdam and Drenthe. This program suits you if you want to learn Dutch the fast way.
- The learning method is based on co-working with each other: doing homework together, practise Dutch, exploring the country in a good social atmosphere
- The school teaches Dutch with its own book ‘Het Lesboek’
- Participants of the Dutch Winter School have access to additional e-learning materials for more practice
- You can choose to be accommodated or not. The place has it all: free Wi-Fi, free use of a bike, gym, a library, a study area and gaming room. There is a canteen with cheap meals and a paid laundry service.
The Summer School usually has a lot of participants, it can be more than 300 students and is more popular than the Winter School. The teacher speaks Dutch, but uses English for lower levels to help you understand. The groupsize is max. 16 students.
If you’re looking for a private Dutch course or want to organise a group course at your office please consider choosing us. 🙂 You’ll get much speaking practice and will be able to hold a conversation with Dutch colleagues and friends in no time!
- much speaking practice
- interactive and fun lessons
- you’ll learn how to handle daily conversations
- easygoing, experienced and fun teachers
We specialise in in-company courses. The groupsize is max. 10 participants and the course is focused on the learning goals of the participants. You’ll get one 2,5 hour lesson plus 3/4 hours of homework and the course takes 5 months to complete. We’re a flexible language institute with patient and enthusiastic teachers.
We hope that we helped you to find the right school for you. Thank you for reading this page!