If you just arrived in Alphen aan den Rijn, it’s essential to learn Dutch to integrate into Dutch society. So are you prepared to learn Dutch? Here are top language schools you can attend.
What type of course are you interested in?
In general, language institutes provides private and group courses.
- Group courses: You learn with other international students in an enjoyable and dynamic learning environment. You will learn through games, group discussions, conversations on different topics. You will share your knowledge with each other.
- Private courses: You will receive customized training according to your wishes. It is flexible. You determine together the learning pace, schedule, duration, frequency and the content of the language program.
Dutch language schools Alphen aan den Rijn
Learn Dutch in a fun and effective way with ACTIVE DUTCH. You are trained by a certified Dutch teacher and highly experienced in providing training to expats and students. It offers courses at all levels from Beginner to Advanced. It provides tailor-made private classes, regular group courses and in-company training.
- Fun learning with many language games, role-playing and songs, interesting topics to discuss, and cultural information about the Netherlands
- More emphasis on speaking skills in class
- The school provides Skype lessons if you are busy and can’t attend the class
- Group courses happens on Saturdays and intended for complete beginners. You learn with the book ‘Start.nl’
Group courses happens in Alphen aan den Rijn with 11 lessons where you will learn the basics and practical expressions to use every day. The group size is small with 10 participants maximum as the teacher wants to give individual attention to each participant.
Dutchsummerschool.nl / Dutchwinterschool.nl
If you want to experience learning Dutch in an intensive and fun way, then enroll for the Dutch Summer School. It happens between July/August. It is called Dutch Winter School during winter January/February. You can choose between Amsterdam and Drenthe. This program suits you if you want to learn Dutch the fast way.
- The learning method is based on co-working with each other: doing homework together, practise Dutch, exploring the country in a good social atmosphere
- The school teaches Dutch with its own book ‘Het Lesboek’
- Participants of the Dutch Winter School have access to additional e-learning materials for more practice
- You can choose to be accommodated or not. The place has it all: free Wi-Fi, free use of a bike, gym, a library, a study area and gaming room. There is a canteen with cheap meals and a paid laundry service.
The Summer School usually has a lot of participants, it can be more than 300 students and is more popular than the Winter School. The teacher speaks Dutch, but uses English for lower levels to help you understand. The groupsize is max. 16 students.
If you’re looking for a private Dutch course or want to organise a group course at your office please consider choosing us. 🙂 You’ll get much speaking practice and will be able to hold a conversation with Dutch colleagues and friends in no time!
- much speaking practice
- interactive and fun lessons
- you’ll learn how to handle daily conversations
- easygoing, experienced and fun teachers
We specialise in in-company courses. The groupsize is max. 10 participants and the course is focused on the learning goals of the participants. You’ll get one 2,5 hour lesson plus 3/4 hours of homework and the course takes 5 months to complete. We’re a flexible language institute with patient and enthusiastic teachers.
We hope that we helped you to find the right school for you. Thank you for reading this page!